We are also pleased to announce that we are expanding our services for comprehensive eye care on Maui. Catherine Makin, D.O. will be joining our Kahului office beginning August 2016. Dr. Makin is a Cataract Refractive Surgeon and is board certified with the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. With Dr. Makin’s arrival to our Maui location, we are able to provide patients with convenient and timely comprehensive eye care.
Post Doctoral Training
- Valley Hospital Medical Center – Residency
- Valley Hospital Medical Center – Internship
- Touro University – D.O.
- University of California – B.S.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Osteopathic Associations of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AOCOO-HNS)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeries (ASCRS)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association (NOMA)
- Nominee, Gold Humanism Honor Society Award – Faculty and peers elect individual in recognition of a humanistic approach to medicine
During her free time, Dr. Makin enjoys ceramics, hiking, yoga and gardening.