Dr. Makin, Ophthalmologist in Maui
We are also pleased to announce that we are expanding our services for comprehensive eye care and cataract surgery in Maui. Our ophthalmologist in Maui, Catherine Makin, D.O., is the medical director and chief surgeon of EyeSight Hawaii – Maui. Dr. Makin is a Cataract Refractive Surgeon and is board certified with the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. With Dr. Makin, we are able to provide patients with comprehensive eye care and expertise in advanced intraocular lens technology for premium, laser cataract surgery in Maui.
Premium Laser Cataract Surgery
Laser cataract surgery uses a variety of different surgical techniques and advanced technology intraocular lens during cataract surgery to decrease a patient’s dependence on eyeglasses for the rest of their lives.
I have been fortunate to receive excellent training in refractive cataract surgery, which is what I specialize in. I also received excellent training in an eyelid surgery called blepharoplasty, which removes the extra upper eyelid skin that can start to block vision. I also have expertise in lid lesion removal, diabetic/retinal exams, glaucoma screenings, dry/allergic/irritated eyes, as well as any emergent eye condition. – Dr. Catherine Makin
Post Doctoral Training
- Valley Hospital Medical Center – Residency
- Valley Hospital Medical Center – Internship
- Touro University – D.O.
- University of California – B.S.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Osteopathic Associations of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AOCOO-HNS)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeries (ASCRS)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association (NOMA)
- Nominee, Gold Humanism Honor Society Award – Faculty and peers elect individual in recognition of a humanistic approach to medicine
During her free time, Dr. Makin enjoys ceramics, hiking, yoga and gardening.
I grew up visiting Maui for nearly every family vacation. In 2010, my parents became residents here and I was able to visit more regularly and for longer periods of time. I love Maui, the beautiful landscapes, the connection to the ocean and nature, the friendly people and the relaxed atmosphere really appeal to me and make me feel at home.
If you are looking for an ophthalmologist in Maui, call 808-871-1411 for an appointment with Dr. Catherine Makin.