Dr. Olkowski is the founder and chief surgeon of EyeSight Hawaii. He is a fellowship-trained corneal surgery specialist practicing in Hawaii since 1990. He has performed thousands of laser vision correction surgeries, even on other LASIK surgeons. He is experienced in dry eye treatment, corneal, cataract and laser vision correction surgeries including LASIK, PRK and VisianICL surgery.
Education & Post-Doctoral Training
- Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, Mass – Fellowship (corneal surgery specialty)
- George Washington University, Washington, DC – Residency in Ophthalmology
- Georgetown University School of Medicine – M.D.
- Georgetown University – B.S.
- American Board of Ophthalmology - 1990
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Hawaii’s John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Medical Director and founder, EyeSight Hawaii
- Medical Director, Eye Surgery Center of Hawaii
- Associate Director, Hawaii Lions Eye Bank
- Study Club for Ophthalmic Research in Hawaii (SCORH)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Eye Bank Association of America
- Hawaii Ophthalmological Society
- Hawaii Medical Association
- The Cornea Society
More About Dr. Olkowski
- Away from his work, Dr. Olkowski's interest includes:
- Oil painting still-lifes and landscapes. He has entered his works in the Artists of Hawaii competition at the Honolulu Academy of Art, and he displays his paintings in his office
- Cooking – mostly Italian, but he will give a try at almost anything
- Sports (to work off the cooking) – tennis, running, swimming, cross-fit and weight training
- Walks with his wife, Tina, his children, Kirk and Erika, and their dogs, Roxy and Max.