About Dr. Dash
Hawaii Optometrist, Dr. Michael Dash, is a local boy born and raised in Waipahu, Oahu and is a graduate of The Kamehameha Schools Kapalama campus. Dr. Dash joined EyeSight Hawaii in 2011.
Dr. Dash is a Native Hawaiian Health Scholar and a member of the Hawaii Optometric Association and American Optometric Association. He proudly volunteers his professional time providing eye care services to Native Hawaiian communities on Oahu and Maui.
In his time away from the clinic, Dr. Dash is a family man. He consumes himself with the interests of his wife Ulu and two boys Dakota and Drew. Together they enjoy reading, going to the movies, LEGO, swimming, fishing, camping, gardening and cooking among others.
Dr. Dash is skilled in contact lens fitting with soft contact lenses and specialty contact lenses. Specialty or hard-to-fit contact lenses such as, sleral, hybrid, toric and rigid gas permeable lenses. These hard-to-fit contact lenses are used to treat eye conditions like Keratoconus, corneal scarring, irregular astigmatism, dry eye syndrome, post-LASIK, post-PRK, or other refractive procedure, giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC) and presbyopia.
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Silicon Valley Eye Physicians
- Eye Care Associate of Hawaii
- Nazareth Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
- Feinbloom Low Vision and Rehabilitation Center
- The Eye Institute of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry - Doctorate in Optometry
- University of Portland - Bachelors, Life Science
- University of Portland - Psychology, minor