We have chosen the ICON™ Aesthetic System because of the many benefits the system provides and because it provides fast, safe treatments with excellent outcome and user experience. See below for ICON™ Aesthetic System – FAQ’s:
Laser Skin Resurfacing – FAQ’s
- How do I know if I’m a good candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing? Laser skin resurfacing works on many skin types, including very light and very dark skin. Different resurfacing options can knock out the deepest wrinkles, improve the most challenging scars, and help correct a wide variety of other skin imperfections.
- How does it work? Fractional Skin Resurfacing with ICON™ uses laser energy microbeams to create areas of affected tissue that extend through the epidermis into the dermis. The body’s natural healing process creates new, healthy tissue to replace the areas of affected tissue, resulting in healthier, younger skin.
- How long does the treatment take? Most treatments last no more than an hour. Depending on the condition being treated, your provider may recommend a single treatment session or a series of progressive treatments for your best results.
- How quickly will I recover? Usually you may resume your regular activities the same day following some treatments; more aggressive procedures may require several days of healing.
- Does it hurt? Depending on the options your provider selects, most people feel minimal discomfort during and after treatment. In some cases, your provider may recommend mild pain management options during the procedure and/or for a few days following the treatment.
- What can I expect after treatment? Depending upon the treatment option, you can expect to experience a temporary redness, warmth, and swelling at the treatment site, which typically lasts 72 hours. In other cases, some post-care wound management may be necessary for a few days following treatment. (back to top)
Skin Rejuvenation (Photorejuvenation) – FAQ’s
- What is optimized light™ Skin Rejuvenation (photorejuvenation)? It is a cosmetic treatment that uses gentle pulses of intense, optimized light to treat undesirable pigment and vessels which can occur as a result of aging, sun exposure and lifestyle choices.
- What types of results can I expect? You can expect to see a decrease in appearance of skin pigment and vessels for a more even skin tone.
- How does it work? Photorejuvenation uses an optimized light device to deliver energy into your skin, targeting vascular and pigmented lesions, which slowly disappear as your body’s natural healing process progresses.
- How long does it take? The photorejuvenation procedure can be performed in as little as 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- How many treatments will I need? You can see some improvements almost immediately. Only two to four treatments are needed; depending on the severity of your conditions, several treatments may be necessary to achieve your best results.
- Does it hurt? When the pulses of light are applied to the skin, patients may feel some stinging, similar to the sensation of a small rubber band snapping against the skin. We therefore have our patients apply an anesthetic cream to the area in our office 30-45 minutes prior to the procedure.
- How quickly will I recover? You can resume regular daily activities right away and start to see some improvements soon after.
- What can I expect after treatment? Typically, most people experience a mild, sunburn-like sensation, possible accompanied by some minor swelling, immediately following the treatment. This usually lasts 24 to 72 hours. You may see some redness the day of your treatment.
- Pigment: If treating pigmented spots, your spots will be darker and slowly come to the skin’s surface, but after 10-14 days they will shed the damaged cells naturally.
- Vascular: Patients experience a few days of redness and possible pinpoint bruising. Ask you provider to discuss other possible side effects and the necessary post-treatment care with you.
- Pre-operative instructions — IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE TREATMENT AREA IS NOT TAN THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE. YOU MUST WEAR SUNSCREEN during the duration of and after the procedure. Not doing so may cause you to have an adverse reaction, making pigmented spots even darker, or more widespread. You should use a sensitive skin cleanser and moisturizer for about a week prior to treatment. We recommend 35 SPF Broad Spectrum sunscreen. Wearing sunscreen will help prolong the effects of the treatment, protecting your investment. (back to top)
Permanent Hair Reduction – FAQ’s
- What areas can be treated? Light-based permanent hair reduction can remove hair from faces (except around the eyes), backs, chests, arms, underarms and legs.
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure? Permanent hair reduction is available for all skin types, including very light and very dark skin, and most hair colors. Your provider will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure based on a variety of factors.
- How does it work? Light is used to target and destroy hair follicles responsible for hair growth without harming surrounding tissue, so there’s minimal risk.
- How long does it take? Permanent hair reduction treatments take just minutes for small areas and about half hour for larger areas.
- How many treatments will I need? Several treatment sessions are recommended for the best aesthetic outcome. Permanent hair reduction technology can only affect hair in active phases of growth so several treatments are needed to affect all your unwanted hair. You do not need to let hair grow out between treatment sessions.
- What will the treatment feel like? When the pulses of light are applied to the skin, patients may feel some stinging, similar to the sensation of a small rubber band snapping against the skin. We therefore have our patients apply an anesthetic cream to the area in our office 30-45 minutes prior to the procedure.
- How quickly will I recover? You can resume regular activities immediately following treatment.
- Are there any side effects? Typically, most people experience a mild, sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling, immediately following the treatment. This usually lasts 24 to 72 hours. Ask your provider to discuss other possible side effects and the necessary post-treatment care with you. (back to top)
Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed. 808-735-1935 if you have any questions or concerns.