About John D. Olkowski, M.D.
For a trusted and experienced ophthalmologist in Hawaii (Honolulu and Maui), visit John D. Olkowski, MD, a fellowship-trained corneal surgery specialist who has been practicing in Hawaii since 1990. Dr. Olkowski is the Chief Surgeon at EyeSight Hawaii, and he has performed thousands of laser vision correction surgeries, even on other LASIK surgeons and ophthalmologists.
Dr. Olkowski is experienced in corneal and laser vision correction surgeries including LASIK, PRK, Cataracts, Pterygium and Corneal Transplants, and he is the most experienced Crystalens Cataract surgeon in Hawaii. Dr. Olkowski has developed Hawaii’s most advanced Dry Eye Center featuring the latest treatments for dry eye sufferers, such as the LipiFlow Treatment. He has also been honored and recognized for the following awards: Top Doctors, Best Doctors in Hawaii and Best Doctors in America.
- Georgetown University – B.S.
- Georgetown University School of Medicine – M.D.
- George Washington University, Washington, DC – Residency in Ophthalmology
- Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, Mass – Fellowship (corneal surgery specialty)
Board Certified in Ophthalmology – 1990
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Hawaii’s John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Medical Director and founder, EyeSight Hawaii Vision Institute
- Medical Director, Eye Surgery Center of Hawaii
- Associate Director, Hawaii Lions Eye Bank
- Study Club for Ophthalmic Research in Hawaii (SCORH)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Eye Bank Association of America
- Hawaii Ophthalmological Society
- Hawaii Medical Association
- The Cornea Society
- Rotary Club of Honolulu
Away from his work as a premier ophthalmologist in Honolulu, HI, Dr. Olkowski’s interests include:
- Oil painting – Dr. Olkowski enjoys painting still-lifes and landscapes. He has entered his works in the Artists of Hawaii competition at the Honolulu Academy of Art, and he displays his paintings in his office.
- Cooking – mostly Italian, but he will give a try at almost anything
- Sports (to work off the cooking) – tennis, running, swimming, and weight training
- Walks with his wife, Tina, his children, Kirk and Erika, and their dogs, Roxy and Max.
If you are looking for a trusted and experienced ophthalmologist in Hawaii, call 808-735-1935 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Olkowski. Honolulu and Maui locations.