EyeSight Hawaii was established by John D. Olkowski, M.D. in 1999. Dr. Olkowski has been a corneal surgery specialist practicing in Hawaii for over 25 years and has performed over 10,000 vision correction surgeries, even on other LASIK surgeons. He is a recognized expert in LASIK, cataract, dry eyes and corneal transplant surgery and is active in both the local community as well as in international professional organizations.
At the forefront of advanced and safe vision correction technology
EyeSight Hawaii has been at the forefront of bringing the most advanced and safest LASIK vision correction technology to Hawaii, including:
- VISX WaveScan – creates a “Fingerprint of your Vision”
- ORBSCAN Corneal Imaging – creates a 3-dimensional image of the cornea
- IntraLase Enabled Keratoplasty (IEK) – the latest in corneal transplantation
- VISX Star S4 Excimer Laser – the only FDA-approved 3-dimensional eye tracking laser
- IntraLase – a completely blade-free method of creating the corneal flap for LASIK procedures