Dr. Makin brings expertise in diagnosing and treating a wide variety of eye conditions and specializes in advanced intraocular lens technology for premium cataract surgery for optimal vision outcome.
Prior to joining EyeSight Hawaii Vision Institute in August of 2016, Dr. Makin completed her Ophthalmology residency at Valley Hospital Medical Center where she was trained by the top ophthalmologists in Las Vegas. Dr. Makin graduated from University of California, Santa Cruz with a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience, Molecular Pathway and completed her Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine at Touro University.
“I grew up visiting Maui for nearly every family vacation. In 2010, my parents became residents here and I was able to visit more regularly and for longer periods of time. I love Maui, the beautiful landscapes, the connection to the ocean and nature, the friendly people and the relaxed atmosphere really appeal to me and make me feel at home," says Dr. Makin.
I'm excited to be joining the best ophthalmology practice in Hawaii, to work in a place that I love and help people with their eye health. My primary concern is to educate our patients on the various eye conditions that can remain hidden until receiving a comprehensive eye exam, such as glaucoma (which can damage the optic nerve of the eye) and age related macular degeneration (a retinal disease in the back of the eye).
- Touro University – D.O.
- University of California – B.S.
- Valley Hospital Medical Center – Residency
- Valley Hospital Medical Center – Internship
Nominee, Gold Humanism Honor Society Award – Faculty and peers elect individual in recognition of a humanistic approach to medicine.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Osteopathic Associations of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AOCOO-HNS)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeries (ASCRS)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association (NOMA)
- Hawaii Ophthalmological Society
Dr. Makin enjoys ceramics, hiking, yoga and gardening.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
If you wish to set an appointment, please fill easy form below.