Dr. Briana C. Gapsis is an ophthalmologist (trained eye surgeon) who specializes in glaucoma and cataract surgery. She was a George Washington Honor Scholar at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, where she graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a dual degree in biology and English. Dr. Gapsis earned her medical degree at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine in Orlando, Florida, where she served as a pioneering member of the charter class.
She then completed her internship in general and trauma surgery at Orlando Regional Medical Center in Orlando, Florida. Following this, Dr. Gapsis pursued residency in ophthalmology at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, New York. She was then selected as the Alice and Lance Wyatt Glaucoma Fellow, undergoing rigorous fellowhip training in glaucoma at the Storm Eye Institute at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina.
She provides care for a wide array of eye conditions, including cataracts, refractive error, primary and secondary open angle glaucoma, primary and secondary angle closure glaucoma, pigmentary glaucoma, pseudoexfoliation syndrome, pterygium, dry eye, and eye trauma, among others.
“I am excited to bring my expertise to our Maui clinic," says Dr. Gapsis. “My first concern is in enhancing and preserving the health of my patients and their vision."
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine – M.D.
- Washington and Lee University – B.S., B.A.
- 2016 - American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Symposium on Cataract, IOL, and Refractive Surgery, Oral and Poster Presentation, Honorable Mention
- 2015 - Nassau University Medical Center 8th Annual Resident Research Symposium, Oral Presentation, 3rd Place
- 2011 - 6th Annual Florida Medical Association Poster Symposium, 2nd Place
- 2009 - Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from Florida Congressman, Alan Grayson
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Glaucoma Society
- Medical University of South Carolina Storm Eye Institute – Glaucoma Fellowship
- Nassau University Medical Center – Residency
- Orlando Regional Medical Center – Internship
Dr. Gapsis enjoys creating artwork, writing poetry/short stories, hiking, swimming, snorkeling and zoology.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
If you wish to set an appointment, please fill easy form below.